|How do I join the Blizzard Yarn and Fiber community? |
|Joining our community is simple... come in. No really... come in sit down, introduce yourself and create with other community members. We want you to feel like Blizzard Yarn and Fiber is your home away from home! |
So that everyone feels safe and comfortable we do ask that you follow some simple community guidelines:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to drop us an email or put a note in the suggestion bin located on the door to the Office.
- Be welcome to folks of all races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, and abilities
- Hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated
- Harassment of any community member or employee will not be tolerated
- Let's try to stay away from political debating
- We want you to take care of yourself, so when you're sick please stay home and rest well.
- Please clean up spaces you use, put trash and recycles in the correct bins, and pick up any bits of yarn or fiber that may have gotten away in your creating
- Please label anything you put in the fridge with your name and date, anything older than two weeks (two months for the freezer) is at risk of disposal
- Please wash your mug, glass, dish, and silverware if you can
- If you have large equipment or bags, please tuck them somewhere out of the way and help keep our walkways clear
|What community resources do you offer? |
|We have a community library which houses donated magazines, books, and pamphlets. You are welcome to borrow a resource and we ask that you return it when finished. |
We have some limited tools available for use in the shop, such as swift and ball winder, skein winder, donated needles, etc. You are welcome to use these tools on any visit, and if you don't know how, we will happily show you as time allows.
We have a kitchen that has a coffee pot that is always on, with a tap for hot water for tea and a selection of teas. You are more than welcome to grab a mug from our cupboard or use one of our disposable cups. Is the coffee low? Would you like decaf? We will gladly brew some up for you as soon as we have a moment. Cold filtered water is available in our fridge and we have glasses on the table for you to use. Oh... did you notice the snacks on the table? Those lovely jars full of snacks are brought in by us and our generous community, if it's on the table, you are more than welcome to snack on it!